New Year's Resolution

In reflecting on the past year, I am forced to admit that I have been remiss in keeping up with my blog posts. Apparently, I would rather surf the net and browse other people's blogs, twitter feeds, instagrams, etc., than write my own! So, my New Year's resolution is to be better about posting - not because thousands of readers are clamoring for my content, although I'm sure that's true, but because the posts serve as a reminder to me of all the precious moments in life I might otherwise forget or take for granted.

I'll start the year off right with a holiday update. As usual, we spent the holidays in Houston. The day we flew in for Thanksgiving was not as festive as usual since we went straight to the hospital where Mom was having a blood transfusion (a "routine" procedure necessitated by the chemo she has been on). Later during that trip, Mom had to spend some more time in the hospital due to a bout of bronchitis. True to form, however, Mom was a trooper and was able to attend Thanksgiving at our place and participate in the festivities, as you can see in my previous post. For Christmas and New Year's, Mom was over the bronchitis and taking a short break from chemo, so we were thankful she was able to actually feel good and enjoy the holidays.

We had our traditional Mexican food feast for Christmas Eve at my place, and headed to Alvin for Christmas Day, where we were spoiled with presents and Joe's Barbeque. (Yes, I am getting chubby.)


Lucky for us, Allen was playing with Cornell Hurd at the Continental Club while we were in town. They played a great show.



Tom and I were able to make a quick trip to Austin, where we got to visit with my aunt, cousins, and brother.


We got to see Allen play again in the more intimate setting of the beautiful Driskill bar.


And topped things off with a trip to Antone's to see another fave, Carolyn Wonderland.



Not ones to break with tradition, we had New Year's Eve dinner at the Pelican Club in Galveston. The food was delicious as usual, and a good time was had by all.



Cheers to a happy and fruitful new year!

Comments

  1. I mostly write blog posts for myself, too - good thing I crack myself up. :D Still, we enjoy reading your updates and seeing the pics and are looking forward to more in the new year. Glad you had such a nice holiday season and hope 2014 is fabulous for your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad we got to see you, even if it was for a brief visit. Happy new year! I hope to see you in July when I come out to Sonoma. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts