Local Book Event

Yesterday, I attended a local bookstore event at Readers' Books in Sonoma. The event was a "performance" and signing by Elizabeth Monnet for her first novel, A Vintage Year for Insider Training, complete with wine and snacks. I dragged Tom along with me. He wasn't sure if he would like it, but ended up having a great time. (I knew he would.) The author, her husband, and a friend acted out a scene from the book, a fun twist on the more traditional author reading. The book is described as a cozy courtroom comedy drama, is set in wine country, and features a talking Australian sheepdog who assists with the case, all right up my alley. Looking forward to getting started on this one.

Comments

  1. Sounds like a lot of fun--book looks interesting. I may order a copy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like it will be interesting, since it's written by a lawyer and an animal lover!

      Delete
  2. That does sound like a cool idea for an author reading - though I'm now picturing Tom as Lil'Tom and you as Lola in a skit from the Pussyfoot Detective Bureau. In my mind, it's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That WOULD be hilarious, although I'm sure we could pull it off!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts