More Friends!

While Steve and JJ were visiting, my good buddies, Dean and Rodney came to town. I was lucky to get to spend a little quality time with them. Our first stop was Catch, a hip little restaurant in the Castro.



We had a wonderful sushi appetizer to start.


Since we were at Catch, I decided to try some fish. I had the seared halibut, and it was delicious. Several of the guys had the steak, and I think they enjoyed it.



(All above images from Catch's website, www.catchsf.com/gallery.php.)

After dinner, Rodney introduced me to the best taste treat I have had in a while, Hot Cookie.


Now, I thought I was a fan of Specialty's cookies, but Hot Cookie has them beat by a mile. They have many different baked goodies to choose from,


but I had a plain ol' chocolate chip cookie, and it was spectacular.

(Above images found here.)

Tom and I actually had the chance to visit Hot Cookie again today as we were at a nearby shop in the Castro. It was just as good as I remembered it. There were 2 naked guys standing outside eating cookies. Tom was not amused. I don't think he likes to look at naked guys. It didn't bother me, although I thought they should probably hit the gym a little more often if they are going to hang around naked. Only in San Francisco!

The next day, I was at the Social Security office in the Mission district, finally getting my name changed after 3 years of marriage! Dean and Rodney met me for some shopping and strolling around. The Mission is a very colorful neighborhood, with eclectic cafes, shops, and murals.







(Ah, memories of Acapulco!)


What could be better than a pork store, but a lucky pork store?

We hopped in a cab in the Mission, and headed to Pasta Pomodoro in Noe Valley. We had a tasty pasta lunch that brought back happy memories for Rodney as he used to work for the company when he lived in San Fran.


We then headed over the hill into the Castro. It was a beautiful day, and we saw more interesting signs, flowers, and public art.





We did some shopping in some of the funky stores, and then stopped in for a drink at one of Dean's and Rodney's favorite bars.



(For the record, that is my (one) beer that was not on the 2-for-1 special, lucky for me!)

We headed back downtown via the Muni.


I did not get to join Dean and Rodney that weekend for the Pride parade because I caught a wretched cold. If I had been at the parade, there would have been a lot more interesting photos to post! Maybe next year. It was great spending time with Dean and Rodney and I look forward to their next visit!

Comments

  1. Congrats on the official name change! I still haven't switched my passport over so I hope I don't get any sudden urges to leave the country! You've inspired me to get back on the ball with that though...

    If Jeff and I find flights to SF, I definitely want to try that cookie spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, what COULD be better than a lucky pork store?!! You know how I love the pig... And I also love Specialty's cookies, so if this is better, that is pretty darn good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Looks like the cookies were the favorite! Really great photos!

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts