Lake Tahoe

Tom surprised me with a last minute trip to Lake Tahoe this weekend. I was very excited, as I have been wanting to make a trip there. I have access to the internet while I am here, so will attempt my first contemporaneous blog post! We'll see how it goes.

We headed out this morning and made a stop in historic Auburn for lunch.


We wandered around Old Town Auburn




and had lunch at a cute little diner called Mary Belle's Restaurant.


Yum, French Dip!


The cook even offered to take our picture.


Auburn is known for its California Gold Rush history and was initially a mining camp. Here is a pic of me and the Miner Forty-Niner.



After lunch, we headed out to Squaw Valley, the site of the VIII Winter Olympics. The scenery is gorgeous. I can just imagine what it would look like with snow, although I would rather be here during the nice summer weather. I snapped a few photos along the drive.






We finally arrived at our hotel.


Yes, it is a Tom pick, so you know it must be nice! We wound our way down into the valley and checked in. Tom encountered a Grizzly on the way to the room.


Here is the view from our room:


We headed out to the resort restaurant terrace for happy hour


and dinner.


There was a guitarist, who serenaded the patrons and the birds.


Then it was back to the room to relax in front of the fire.


Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Comments

  1. That looks incredible! I have always wanted to go there too - and what a beautiful place! Glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts